Friday, November 9, 2012

Ling Heng Roasted Duck Stall *not bad*

Ling Heng Roasted Duck Stall
Bukit Merah Central Food Centre
Blk 163 Bukit Merah Road S(150163)
#02-05

- roast duck
- roast pork
- char siew
- watercress soup
- melon soup

I'm not too sure if everyone agrees, but nowadays I have observed that it is not too difficult to get a roasted duck/meat stall going.

Well, perhaps not in Eastern Singapore.

But in Western Singapore, roast meat stalls seem to be doing quite well.

Hence, I find that when I try roast duck/roast meat/char siew stalls, I tend to be abit stringent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 I ordered roast duck drumstick, roast meat and char siew.  My holy trio when it comes to having roast meats ^_^ yes, it is a lot of calories, thus I don't do this too often nowadays.

While queuing up, the stall was just emitting the traditional roast duck smell, and kinda make me "crave" for it!

The Auntie was super friendly, and felt quite chatty.  She even asked if I wanted to add sauce for my rice.  Of course I want!  I simply love my rice to be covered in sauces!

The rice felt like normal plain rice, but the sauce was good.  You could taste the herbs that were used to make the sauce.

The skin of the roast meat was pretty crispy, and I find that overall it was quite well done.  I was able to taste the fats and the meat.  I prefer crunchier meats/fats (no, I'm not referring to the skin, I'm referring to the meat overall).  This wasn't that crunchy, but I find it not bad.

The char siew had the chao tar parts, that I simply love.  It was quite fatty too!  Overall it tasted good, but I thought there was a teeny weeny tinge of pork smell.

Finally, the roast duck.  The meat felt about tough, and lacked the oily/juicy feel.  The colour of the skin looked pretty good though, and the taste was passable.

I'm not a fan of soups, so I gave it a miss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I'd say it's not bad.  They roast their own meats I think, which is probably a plus!



No comments:

Post a Comment