Friday, November 2, 2012

Choon Kee Fish Ball Noodle *nice*

Choon Kee Fish Ball Noodle
Bukit Merah Central Food Centre
Blk 163 Bukit Merah Road S(150163)
#02-43

Fish ball noodles again!

LOL!!

To be honest, this isn't the 2nd fish ball noodles I've had at this food centre.  In fact, it's the third.  And the fact that the very first stall I had, and no, its not Mei Ji that I covered previously, by default added beansprouts, I was super cautious in ordering.   I'd go "mee kia dry with chilli.  Got beansprouts?  I do not want beansprouts!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alas!  It came with one strand of beansprouts! :(

Look at the photo, and it should be quite obvious that you can see the sauces.  I think cause they added soup to the sauce?  It was really quite a lot, and the mee kia felt slippery.

The first bite, I thought I tasted a chao tar taste in the chilli.  No it's not that the chilli came chao tar, but it's a taste that I have never been able to pin-point.  People who grew up eating the fish ball noodles at Kovan Food Centre (the two that used to be side by side each other) will probably understand what I'm trying to say.  My parents did explain that it was the usage of vinegar in the chilli though, and I remember my relatives love the taste.

In fact, the chilli was somewhat spicy, as compared to most fishball noodles stall.

Argh!  Fish cakes -_-"

The chao tar taste grew weaker and weaker the more I ate, and I thought it was mostly covered by the spiciness of it.

The ingredients were quite good, the fish ravioli thing (called geow according to wikipedia's mee pok article) was juicy.  Fishballs are what I'd like - juicy, some saltiness to it, and a bit of the fish taste.  The texture wasn't good, but the taste made up for it.

No comments on pork slices and of course, fish cakes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I do find myself liking the taste, thus I'd say it is nice due to my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment