Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lim Kee Part 2 *WTF IS THIS SH*T"

Lim Kee Part 2

Click here for the original post, and the address for Lim Kee


I usually don't blog immediately after trying out a stall.

But today, I have to.

I tried Lim Kee white version chai tao kway some 2 weeks ago, and decided to publish the post on how much I liked it.  And while typing, I thought, why not go for the black version tomorrow?

And so I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the black version.


And a repost of the white version.


WTF IS THIS SH*T????

I was shocked.  I totally did not expect this...I would say, lack of effort.

To the extent that I even asked "Is this the black one?" when I was served.

If anyone did read what I posted previously, I have said that the black should be sweet, while the white should be salty.

And obviously, it was because both are cooked differently!

But look at this piece of "sh*t!  I don't know what to say!



It's so obvious that it was fried the white version way, and then added with a few drops of sweet sauce, and ta da.

Fail.  Epic fail.

And there wasn't even the need to write how it tasted like.  Because it tasted exactly like the white version.  With some sweet sauce.  Period.  End of story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes.  The black version is graded as WTF IS THIS SH*T.

And I'll downgrade this stall to not bad.  I still like the white version.  But that's about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, there's something that I'm wondering.  About looks vs taste vs how it is supposed to be.  I'm biased.  I like things in a certain way.  But that does not mean that I am not acceptable to new stuff, new taste, and new style of presentation.  But that's worth another post altogether, and I'm not going to dwell on it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment