Monday, October 29, 2012

Fried Fish Soup *not bad*

Fried Fish Soup

Bukit Merah Central Food Centre
Block 163 Bukit Merah Central S(150163)

#02-01
- fish soup
- fried fish soup
- seafood soup

The first shop in the whole food centre!  Or at least, the shop that is number 1 in the whole food centre.  One thing about fish soup, is that my current favourite is the one near alexander food village, sharing the same coffee shop as keng eng kee seafood.  Thus, I admit, I am super biased when it comes to fish soup.  And I even dare to say I'm somewhat reluctant to try out others.

Regardless, I still went up and ordered from this stall.  I did notice a queue during lunch hours for this stall, and it was definitely not the only fish soup stall in the food centre, so I did hope that it would be not bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





I ordered dual fish for this (fried fish + fresh fish slices), and when asked if I wanted to add milk, I said yes without thinking.

Of course, I had to constantly remind myself that I cannot compare to to Alexander Food Village one, as I find that nothing can compare to that.

Having said that, I was somewhat surprised at the taste.

The main reason why I said this soup is not bad, is due to the fact that I could still taste the sweetness of the original soup (whereby they prolly made the effort to really boil the soup, rather than add msg and whats not) despite having milk added to it!  The soup was really good!

The soup was topped with the fried egg thing, which I have never figured out what its called.  I don't really like my eggs this way, so I can't comment much.  There were slices of bittergourd too, and I felt that the taste of the soup was not affected by the bitterness at all!  I can't appreciate bittergourd; nevertheless I did force myself to finish every slice there was.

The meat, well, I'd say nothing to rave about.  The fried fish felt pretty standard, whereas I thought the fish slices didn't feel that fresh.

Finally, the rice.  I went for the yam rice option, and I liked it.  There were yam pieces, it did not taste bland at all.  I thought the rice tasted like glutinous rice, topped with the fried onion bits and stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, this Fried Fish Soup stall is not bad, I think its definitely worth coming back, but I do not see myself going back any time soon as I've had an overdose of fish soup - to the extent where I'm not even sure if I want to go back to my favourite fish soup stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment